- 1 cup (240mL) unsweetened cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- 40g chocolate protein powder
- 250g ice
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- In a high-speed blender, add cashew milk, protein powder, and ice.
- Cover and pulse 10 times until the ice is semi-crushed.
- Remove the lid, scrape down the sides, and add the xanthan gum.
- Cover and blend on high for 15-20 seconds. If using a Vitamix or similar blender, use the mixing tool and constantly stir while the mixture is blending. If you don't have a powerful blender, you will probably have to stop and start it a few times, scraping down the sides in between blends. Once the mixture becomes thick and creamy, you're good to go!
- Transfer to a bowl, add toppings if desired, and enjoy! I highly recommend this stainless steel insulated bowl - keeps everything nice and cold (while keeping your hands warm and avoids excessive melting - unless you like soupy ice cream!) 😉
Feel free to add toppings of your choice to spruce it up a bit! My favorites include:
Nutrition Per Serving (using Perfect Keto Whey): 188 Calories, 8g Fat, 23g Protein, 6g Carbs, 3g Fiber, 3g Net Carbs
Nutrition Per Serving (using Organifi Complete): 188 Calories, 8g Fat, 21g Protein, 8g Carbs, 3g Fiber, 5g Net Carbs