For the Crust
- 1 cup (60g) pecans, finely ground
- 1 tbsp butter, coconut oil, or ghee, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash of cinnamon
For the Filling:
For the Topping:
- 1 cup (150g) blueberries
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 12 drops liquid monk fruit (or preferred sweetener to taste)
- Preheat your toaster oven (or regular oven) to 325°F and lightly grease a 4-inch springform pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together ground pecans, butter, salt, and cinnamon until well combined. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool while you make the filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling, in a medium bowl, beat together the goat cheese, yogurt, egg, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract with an electric hand mixer until well combined. Add sweetener and beat just until combined. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling over the baked crust and smooth the top. Turn the oven to 300°F and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until the edges are set and the center jiggles slightly when shaken. Let cool at room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, prepare the blueberry sauce. In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture boils. Lower heat and whisk in the xanthan gum and sweetener. Simmer over low heat, whisking constantly, until mixture begins to thicken, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Pour blueberry sauce over cheesecake, cut into slices, and enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving (1 Slice): 217 Calories, 17g Fat, 9g Protein, 7g Carbs, 1g Fiber, 6g Net Carbs
To learn more about implementing a ketogenic protocol for your individualized needs as well as finding an exercise plan that fits your lifestyle, check out my brand new online Nutrition & Exercise Courses!