For the meatloaf:
- 1 pound ground beef (I used 93/7)
- 1 pound ground turkey (I used 99/1)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper (4 oz.), finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion (4.5 oz.), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons (+2 tablespoons for the top) sugar-free ketchup (I use Primal Kitchen or Alterna Sweets)
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt (I always use Redmond Real Salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the green beans:
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups (16 oz.) green beans
For the meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- In a large bowl, add all of the meatloaf ingredients and get to mixin' 😆 Use your hands to mix everything together until completely combined.
- Add meatloaf mixture to a loaf pan (I used a 9x5 inch pan) and top with remaining ketchup.
- Bake meatloaf for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. While meatloaf is baking, prepare the green beans.
For the green beans
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add chopped bacon and cook until crisp, stirring often. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon to a paper towel, leaving grease in the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic, shallots, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until shallots begin to caramelize.
- Add green beans and stir until well combined. Cover and cook on low for 15 to 20 minutes or until green beans are tender. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
Remove meatloaf from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Then slice meatloaf into 6 pieces and serve with green beans and extra ketchup if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving (1/6 of meatloaf): 215 Calories, 7g Fat, 33g Protein, 5g Carbs, 1.5g Fiber, 3.5g Net Carb
Nutrition Per Serving (1/6 batch of green beans): 88 Calories, 4g Fat, 4g Protein, 9g Carbs, 3g Fiber, 76g Net Carb