Mini Pumpkin Protein Muffins
These low-carb, low-calorie mini pumpkin muffins are the perfect treat when you're in the mood for something sweet but don't want to go overboard with too many calories (and sugar). They're a great option to bring to a holiday party or have in the fridge to curb that late-night sweet tooth!
10 mins Cook Time:
20 mins Total Time
Makes 24 Muffins
For the muffins:
- 3/4 cup (80g) Almond Flour
- 2 scoops (48g) Vanilla Protein Powder (I used Perfect Keto Vanilla Whey)
- Code "KILLINITKETO" gets you 20% off at checkout
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (I always use Redmond Real Salt)
- 1 cup (240g) pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon BochaSweet (or sweetener of choice)
For the frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- sweetener to taste
- 1 tablespoon BochaSweet
- 6 drops Maple or Vanilla flavored Stevia or Monk Fruit (or any other flavor of choice - can be found on my Amazon Store)
- chopped pecans
- pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and grease mini muffin pan with butter or oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, whey protein powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt.
- Then add pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla extract, and sweetener and whisk until well combined.
- Scoop batter evenly among the 24 mini muffin tins and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- While the muffins are baking, prepare the frosting.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, greek yogurt, and sweetener until well combined (I used a hand mixer). Taste and adjust sweetener to your liking and then transfer frosting into a piping bag (or plastic ziplock bag)
- Let muffins cool and then carefully pipe the frosting onto each one. Top with chopped pecans and pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave for 10 seconds if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 mini muffin with frosting): 60 Calories, 4g Fat, 4g Protein, 2g Carbs, 1g Fiber, 1g Net Carb