Spaghetti Squash Zucchini Bake
Usually, I just roast my veggies with salt and seasoning and call it a day. But last weekend I wanted to switch things up and decided to make a veggie casserole. I basically just threw all the ingredients in a bowl and baked it like a casserole. It was delicious!
30 mins Cook Time:
20 mins Total Time
Makes 10 Servings
- 1 large spaghetti squash (~10 cups)
- 4 large zucchini, cut into small pieces (~25 ounces)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced (~10 ounces)
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14.5 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I always use Redmond Real Salt)
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (optional, I put it on everything haha)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and place face down on a lined baking sheet. Cook for 30 minutes or until flesh is soft. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, prep the zucchini, onion, and garlic and add to a large bowl.
- Then add crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and cooked spaghetti squash.
- Mix everything until well combined (you may have to use your hands) and then transfer to a large casserole dish.
- Top with parmesan cheese and Everything but the bagel seasoning (weird, I know...but it was good!) and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until zucchini is soft. Enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving (1/10 of casserole): Calories 123; Total Fat 3g; Protein 6g; Total Carbs 18g; Fiber 6g; Net Carbs 12g